Monday, January 30, 2012

The extinction of letter writing and the snail mail... not yet please!

A couple of weeks ago I received a Christmas card from a dear friend... sent by regular mail (snail mail as they call it)... yes, you read it right, sent via regular mail...Of course, I was so happy! I never thought that I would be able to receive that, after all, everything we have today is always instant, just one click, just one touch...sent and received in real time.
     I right away texted my friend and told him I was so touched, that after a few years I was again reading and seeing his handwriting..his nice handwriting by the way...which made me realize how many people are still doing this? Writing and sending mail regularly. I myself is guilty of not doing this anymore... will my pupils be as ecstatic as I was when they received a letter sent through mail? How many of them have love to read a message sent through handwriting? Will letter writing and and sending mail will just be a thing of the past? I hope I will not be able to witness that in my lifetime - the extinction of letter writing and sending mail.
    I do agree by the way that it is really as slow as snail when receiving mails nowadays ...my friend sent it before Christmas of 2011 and I received it 2nd week of January 2012. He even commented that it's quite late, I told him maybe our house is too far away from civilization and that they (the Post office) had a hard time locating my address. Well, with few workers around a post office, and fewer postmasters, receiving mails nowadays is not as fast as before.
    With this, I plan to write letters and send cards through regular mail this year 2012, before this art becomes extinct. Come join me!  =)


P.S. The pictures are of the actual card that I received through snail mail. The stamps will be the first for my new collection of stamps.

5 comments:

  1. I miss receiving "snail mails" Ate Carmen! How I wished I could still receive some! :( By the way, do you have some mail stamps, ate? I love collecting mail stamps! :) _r",)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a philatelist also rhudz? wow! I was collecting stamps for a while but due to a few house transfers, I can't find my stamp book anymore =( .... I have my first for 2012 though... the stamp from my friend's card... the best part is that - the stamps are blue starfish...weeeee! I have to start from scratch rhudz.... maybe we can barter if I have a lot na...=) Continue Philately rhudz, as I will also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good job cuz, nice blog! keep it up, thumbs up...

      Delete
    2. tnx cuz! trying things out... for variation...hehehhe.... amping pirmi =)

      Delete
  3. men, I am also a lover of snail mail. I used to have a lot of penpals before from all over the country hehehe. then it graduated to emails and chat. but still have the box of letters from my friends...btw, i think i have to look for that box later and read the letters all over again :) thanks for this blog men. i loveeeee it! keep the passion....save the art of snail mail!aja!

    ReplyDelete